Wednesday, June 1, 2011

THE READER:

PRESIDENT NOYNOY AQUINO
ROGUE MAGAZINE June 2011


PNoy profiled by the Philippines' finest minds. You should definitely read this one.
ROGUE magazine June 2011


The second time a man covers for ROGUE is of the President of the Philippines (after Manny Pacquiao) and this issue promises to be selling off the shelves. Profiled by the country's brightest minds and heavyweight political personalities, ROGUE's June (or State of the Nation) issue is bound to shed some better light over the President's reign over the country.

As I've said, I'm no fan of PNoy and this cover will probably never change that, but I like the cover cause it's simple yet provocative. The headlines achieve maximum effect and with PNoy on the cover and the gold "ROGUE" shining behind his head, you know it's a serious, no non-sense read. Plus it's a very attractive cover for me since Steve Tirona (photographer) and Miguel Mari's art reminds me strongly of my favorite perfume (Gucci Pour Homme II). And I mean, come on, it looks expensive and very regal. Great job ROGUE. Another job splendidly done.

- Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment